Beer and Bacon Dip
Here we go again! More BACON for you! And cheese! This time, in an easy and quick dip recipe. We liked this as is, but you may want to add some heat (the chili powder didn’t add much), or use some other cheeses. If you make it your own with some new ingredient additions, share so we can try it.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 16 oz cream cheese (full fat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 2 oz shredded cheddar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- ¾ cup IPA or Pale Ale Beer
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, cheddar, smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cornstarch and beer to a food processor. Process on high until smooth and well combined, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in most of the copped bacon, reserving about 2 tablespoons.
- Pour the dip into an oven safe bowl top with reserved bacon. Bake at 350 until warmed through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If the dip is “fluffy” out of the oven, just stir before serving.
Thanks to The Beeroness for sharing this recipe.