We hope you don’t get tired of bacon and cheese recipes, because we seem to come across a lot of them that we like. This one, like a lot of them that we share, is easy and quick. And has cheese and bacon. Really. How bad could it be with both of those. Try it and then tell us if we need to get a new theme. No more bacon and cheese?
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups (6.5 wt oz), plus ½ cup (1.6oz) shredded cheddar cheese, packed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup IPA beer
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Add 2 cups of cheddar, cream cheese, beer, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the bread diagonally in 1-inch slices (about ¾ of the way though, do not cut all the way through the bread leave the bottom crust in tact). Turn the bread and cut in the same manner to create a diamond crosshatch pattern with the bottom crust still intact.
- Use a small spatula or butter knife to spread the cheese mixture into the cut marks.
- Add the loaf to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 10minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with green onions, serve warm.
Thanks to The Beeroness for this recipe.