Lemon Cream Pie with Raspberry Beer Sauce
For the lemon-lovers – this one’s for YOU! Sweet, tangy and oh so good! Share your thoughts on this one in the comment section below.
Crust (you can also substitute a gram cracker crust):
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 8 tbs of butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 2 tbs ice cold beer (high ABV works best)
Lemon Cream Filling:
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 5 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tbs butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Raspberry Beer Sauce:
- 12 wt ounces raspberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs corn starch
- ½ cup IPA
- In a food processor, add 1 cup of flour (reserving the other ½ cup) salt, sugar and pulse to combine. Add the butter cubes and process until combined. Add the remaining ½ cup of flour, process until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the beer and mix until combined. Dough will be very soft.
- Form into a wide flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- While the dough is chilling, make the curd. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cornstarch, yolks, and sugar to a saucepan off the heat. Whisk until well combined. Add the butter cubes and add to medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 12 minutes. Pour into a medium bowl, chill until just below room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll out on a lightly floured surface, transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, press into shape. Remove the excess.
- Prick the bottom several times with a fork. Line with a sheet of parchment paper, fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, remove the pie weights or beans.
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer, whip on high until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. About ½ a cup at a time, gently fold the lemon mixture into the whipped cream. Once all of the lemon mixture has been mixed into the cream, pour into the cooled crust. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- In a pot over medium high heat, add the raspberries, powdered sugar, cornstarch and beer. Stir frequently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Pour evenly over the lemon cream layer, chill until set about 1 hour. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Thanks to The Beeroness for this recipe.
tags: dessert Recipe The Beeroness