It’s National Fettuccine Alfredo Day! Yeah, we’ve never heard of it either. But according to a calendar we saw, it is. So, in honor of today, we’re sharing the following recipe with you. We love that it’s a quick one – dinner in 15 minutes! We thought this was just a plate of deliciousness – what’d you think? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 lb fettuccini
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup wheat beer
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup fresh grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted water until almost al dente (about 3 minutes less than stated on package directions).
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beer, cream, and lemon juice, bring to a low simmer.
- Add the parmesan about 2 Tbsp at a time. Stir until completely melted before adding more.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened and slightly reduced, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, allowing to cook until noodles are cooked to al dente, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes.
Thanks to The Beeroness for this recipe.