No Yeast 20-Minute Beer Flat Bread
This is a really quick and easy bread recipe. It can be used to make flat-bread pizzas, sandwiches and appetizers (probably other stuff, too). If you make these, please share what you did with them. I’m wondering if there isn’t even a “dessert” idea floating around for them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 flatbreads
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (not non-fat)
- ¾ cup wheat beer, room temperate
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center, add the oil, yogurt and beer.
- Stir until the dough comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead for about 6 minutes.
- Cut into 8 sections, form into balls. Cover and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet, heat to medium high.
- Press the balls into 6 inch disks.
- Cook the disks in the skillet until lightly browned on each side and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.
Thanks to The Beeroness for this recipe.
tags: bread Recipe The Beeroness