It’s National Pizza Day!!!! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! The crew here at Your Beer Show loves pizza! There’s even someone here who does that pineapple pizza thing. Not all of us are in on that one, but to each his own. In honor of what should probably be a national holiday, we’re sharing a recipe covering the two most important food groups – beer and pizza! Make it, eat it, tell us what you think. And if you had a pizza day celebration, you get a special mention on this page. SO TELL US ABOUT IT!
Prep time: 20 m
Cook time: 35 m
Ready in 55 m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound pepperoni sausage, diced
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 unbaked pizza crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the pepperoni and bacon until evenly browned. Mix in the mushrooms, onion, and green pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until tender.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the ingredients from the skillet with the tomato sauce and beer. Season with garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes, until slightly thickened. Spread over the 2 pizza crusts, and top with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Thanks to AllRecipes for this recipe.