Chocolate Stout Peanut Butter Cups
Happy Valentine’s Day! And what goes really well with Valentine’s Day? CHOCOLATE! And beer. Oh, and peanut butter wouldn’t hurt – at least not according to staffers here at Your Beer Show. And those happen to be all the things you need to make these! So here’s our Valentine’s Day gift to you. Did you like it? Make it and tell us!
Yield: about 24
- 8 oz (about 1 ½ cups) dark chocolate
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup stout or porter (espresso or smoked work best)
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin papers.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of chocolate to the muffin papers (about 1/3 full). Use the back of a spoon to “paint” the sides of the mini muffin papers, making sure to cover the entire paper, but keep the walls thin, leaving more room for filling.
- Chill until the chocolate has set, about ten minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter and stout until well combined.
- Fill the chocolate cups with peanut butter mixture until just below the top.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the top of the peanut butter, making sure to cover the entire mound of peanut butter, smoothing to make a flat top.
- Chill until set, about ten minutes. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Thanks to the Beeroness for this recipe.
tags: chocolate dessert Recipe The Beeroness